Monday, February 2, 2015

Seatown Seabar & Rotisserie

I recently spent ten days in Seattle, Washington for business but proceeded it with a personal vacation with my wife Carole.  We enjoyed quite a few excellent meals and dining experiences.  This is the first of several blog entries I'll be writing about in the coming months that focus on Seattle.

Our first night in town included a visit to Seatown Seabar & Rotisserie.  We had just arrived as nightfall set in. After dropping our bags at the hotel, we immediately headed down to Pike Place Market.  For those that are not familiar, Pike Place Market is Seattle's original farmer's market founded in the early 1900s. You'll find several open air fish markets selling fresh seafood. The streets are cobblestone and the market is lively year-round.

After exploring the market we zeroed in on a couple of the many restaurants to choose from. In the end we whittled it down to Seatown and Etta's which sit side by side.  Both are about a block NW from the original Starbucks located in the heart of the market.

Although I never made it to Etta's, I'll do my best next time.  Anyway, on to Seatown.  This small restaurant in the first block past the the market is very nice.  It has a nautical theme, of course given its location looking toward Puget Sound.  There were plenty of old ship and boat models lining the large bar and on various shelves along the walls.


We started out with Dungeness Crab Cocktail for an appetizer.  The crab was fresh and fantastic. The cocktail sauce was just spicy enough and had cucumbers.  It was a great way to fire off our vacation!!!



Although Seatown has a very nice selection of salads, soups and chowders, we opted to go straight for our entrees.  Carole had the Coho Salmon, which was served over a bed of white beans, pearl onions and topped with a maple-sherry vinaigrette. This is my first experience with this type of Salmon, but I understand it has been called one of the best tasting salmon by locals. Since this was Carole's entree I only had a few bites, but found it to be fabulous!


Feeling like a sandwich, I decided to order the Salmon Burger. This hearty salmon patty was served on an onion bun, topped with tartar sauce and served with a choice of salad or chips. I decided to have the salad. The sandwich included several slices of green tomatoes which were fabulous. For an additional $2 you could add a fried egg. Normally I would have, but since I would be eating out the next ten days, I figured I would pass.

The salad was chef salad and included pickled beets, egg, beecher's cheddar and sunflower seeds. I believe this is the first time I've had chunks of pickled beets in a salad. I would highly recommend them as they complimented the egg and cheese.  



I also wanted to mention the beverages served at Seatown.  Like many places in Seattle, Seatown featured a variety of local craft beers, local wines and several eclectic mixed drinks.  

Given the quality of food and drink, friendly waitstaff, excellent location and interesting decor, I'll be coming back my next trip to Seattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment